I just heard of this Pet Blogger Challenge! I am right on time as we are suppose to post today, January 10th!
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
At the end of January we will officially have been blogging for one year! Chase the Sheltie is a dog blog detailing the everyday life of my dog! He lives in a small town in Canada. He has osteoarthritis and elbow dysplasia… so another aim is to have posts that may help others struggling with one or both of these conditions.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
Getting 50 followers! When I first started this blog, I thought I was only going to blog for myself. I wanted something that I could look back on forever. Now I love seeing other dog blogs (and cat blogs) and I love interacting with other dog lovers!
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
People enjoy hearing animals talk… we all know they don’t but I find people respond better when I speak as Chase
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
Using tags and posting on other blogs that are similar to mine in hopes that their readers will start following me.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
My 12 Dog Days of Christmas post where I made up my own blog challenge was my most popular post. I was surprised people were that interested in it! Hopefully I can come up with another blog challenge this year!
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
The 12 Dog Days of Christmas posts, I am allowed to say all 12 of them!? I loved doing those! It was so much fun to take all those pictures!
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
I do not do reviews or giveways
If you don’t do reviews, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
I would not mind doing review of products, it’s something to think about! I think one of my challenges is location… I live in Canada so the products available to me are different from many of my readers.
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
Write for yourself first! No post is silly or not worth it. Even just a picture of your dog is a good post!
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
If I could hit 100 followers by the end of 2015, that would be incredible!
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
How to gain followers! Other than following blogs and writing comments, I am not sure what else to do.